Wednesday 17 February 2010

Wheelie Wednesday - Bailey & Judy makes Pancakes!

Hi everyone, Bailey here, AND me, Judy!
As you can see, I've, we've taken to cooking.
Yesterday was Shrove Tuesday, Pancake day, Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras & Carnival - whatever, it was the day before Ash Wednesday & the start of Lent - that's today!
For those that observe religious thingy bobs, not Mistress for sure; that means 40 days of fasting or trying to give up something one wants big time, like chocolate or alcohol.
Now, there's was no chance, that, you know who, will go Tea-Total.
Or Miss Foxy will give up her superiority towards me.
Ouch, SHE wheelie wheeled me!
Judy here: He deserved it!
But we did all get together as a family, and follow the custom of a celebratory feast.

I collected the best eggs from Miss Henny Penny's cage, HE wanted to use the cheapo ones...In the end we used up both & all the milk in the house.
Opps! None was left for Mummys breakfast
I tackled the Lemons & Oranges...Bailey: And I did the serious work like beating the eggs...And heating up the brand new, non-stick pan...Mistress, then insisted, heavens knows why, on taking over from me.
Shucks, I was having such fun!
And, as she, seemed sadly, unable to do two tasks @ once; ie cook & take photo's; I can't show you the finished pancakes.
We, however, enjoyed them with freshly squeezed Lemon & Orange juice & sprinkles of sugar.
Judy :They were great; till, Mummy reminisced about a fancy variation, she'd tried once.
She made wholewheat [brown] pancakes & filled them with lemon curd & creme fraiche, before pouring Limoncello, an Italian liqueur, she'd brought back from Rome over them!
Grrr!
That Sis of mine always has to have the last word!
Till next time, keep paw happy!

Bye-de-Bye,
x"
Foxy
love & wheelie wishes,
XXX



Postscript from Bailey!
I did indeed find a Valentine!
Sweet little wheelie miss Sally May, she maybe small but if she likes me...

3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Darn! We were so hoping to see those tasty pancakes that you whipped up!
We knew you'd find a Valentine, Bailey! Sally May is a cutie!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Sally Ann and Andy said...

As dictated by Sally May to Sally Ann, "Oh Baily, I think you a great cook."
Sally Ann

Asta said...

Bailey and Miss Judy
Yummmmmm, those pancakes sound heavenly. I think you make a gweat cooking team..it may cause awgooments, but doing stuff togethew is mowe fun.
I'm glad you found a Valentine Bailey..she looks lovely
smoochie kisses
ASTA