Tuesday 8 September 2009

Fair Bears!

It seems St Giles Fair is on.
Mother went to wonder it around yesterday & again this morning.
I aked very politely if I could go with her today.
But, she shook her head and said 'No'.
And, explained the event would distress me too much.
Now, I have seen her photographs, I understand why.
Just look @ all these poor bears hanging around and offering love...
Apparently, they are prizes and waiting to be won!
Mother is no good @ any sports, let alone darts, rifle shooting or throwing @ coconuts or tins, however she did try to draw a winning numbered ticket for this fellow...
Regretably, he did not come home with her!
I just hope some of the bears find their 'forever homes', as life on the road with the Showmen must be unbearable!
Hugs,

5 comments:

Roan said...

Good Morning Woodstock,
I'm terrible at games, also. I do hope these lovely bears find a good home.
Love,
Aunt BJ

Asta said...

Siw woodstock
I would have cwied my eyes out..No wondew youw Mum didn't want you to see this.
All those wondewful loving beaws wifout loving homes..doesn't beaw thinking about
I will cwoss my paws that theiw pawents show up and take them home
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Marlowe said...

I would have been sad seeing all those bears waiting for their new owners. I don't know how anyone could pass them up!

Molly the Airedale said...

Our paws are crossed that all of these cute teddies find loving homes to go to! There certainly must be hoomans that can throw darts and shoot rifles and toss coconuts to take once of these cuties home!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Buttons the Bear said...

Woodstock,
Some of those bears looks sad and their furs are ruffled. Must be the living conditions in that kind of adoption center. Makes me grateful from whence I came. I hope they find homes real soon, Perhaps if they made eye contact it would give added incentive to prospective parents to win. Ah, such hard times. I wish them my best.
Buttons