Thursday 3 December 2009

True Colours Thursday - CREAM!

After the excesses of my Bear-day on Monday, CREAM, especially CREAM based drinks, I can bearly, bear to think about!!!
In fact, thinking @ all is still a little difficult!
I avoided the demon LEMON as in Gin & Tonic's after last time.
Instead, I tried Bailey's Irish CREAM Liqueur cocktails @ my pawty!
NOT, a wise move, in hindsight!
First, was this simple one over ice - Mother's Christmas favourite...
But then, I got more adventurous ...
It was called an 'Ultimate Mudslide'
30 ml vodka
30 ml coffee liqueur
30 ml Irish CREAM liqueur
45 ml CREAM
45 ml milk
1/2 banana
grated chocolate
Place all ingredients, except grated chocolate, in a blender & blend until smooth.
Pour into margarita glass and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
Woweeeeeeeeeee - was that good!

After that, maybe I should have retired from imbibing and left the single CREAM shotters well alone...Google's images do NOT do justice to any of the drinks, all enjoyable @ the time, but seriously potent!!!
As a consequence my only CREAM bear offering today, is from Mother, who took pity on me! She found this handsome one recently, resting comfortably in a Store...Maybe, I should buy him for her for Christmas!
Hugs,

5 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

What a cute cream bear, Woodstock!
Our gram is very fond of Bailey's Irish cream!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Roan said...

I'm a big fan of Bailey's myself. Nice cream collection! And, I think you have a great idea for an Xmas gift.
Love,
Aunt BJ

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Our Mom loves Bailey's too!!!!!!!!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Our Mom loves Bailey's and she is also a fan of the cream coloured Irish Shillelaghs served on St. Paddy's Day. We love cream coloured goat's milk and look forward to having some when Mom is weaning puppies.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

TwoSpecialWires said...

Moma wants to know ... how late in the day does she have to wait to enjoy one of these drinks? They tempted her as soon as she saw them this morning.

Keeping her in check,
Jake and Fergi xxoo