Sunday 19 July 2009

Sunday Afternoon Tea Musings!

I was not going to mention the weather but it is raining again.
Hence, Mother is depressed and drowning her sorrows in wine!
She's heard there is now a 'Flood Warning' out on the River.
Not too sure, what that exactly means, but she is upset.
So, I invited Merry & John II to share Sunday Cakes with me.
'Sultana Fingerellas' all the way from Paris, France no less...
They were a late 'Thank-you' gift, after Mothers last 'cat minding' stint.
But, strangely she finds them too sweet.
Hurrah!
More for us bears.
Guess I should have invited Bob T. Bear, Esq over as he loves cake but it was an impromptu party.
I have saved 'fingers' for the other Hug members - maybe I will send him one too...But, before we - yours truly and Merry, could partake of ours, 'holier than thou' John II insisted in a quick bible blessing...
I understand that Aunt BJ's John is less pious.
Rather ironic really!
Mother who is not religious, has the saintly twin.
And Aunt BJ, who does go to Church, has the less Godly one.
Guess that is life!
Hugs,

4 comments:

Roan said...

Hi Woodstock,
I plan to clean this afternoon, but thought I would pop in to see what you were up to. Those cakes do look yummy.

Yes, my John spends most of his time in trouble. Take today for instance. I'm taking care of Granddog Buddy while Marigold and family are vacationing in Florida. I found John Bear sneaking one of his dog treats out of the bag. It's a wonder Buddy didn't nip off an ear! Willie and John have had more than one disagreement over treats. Oops, I hear those two at it again. Better go referee!

Enjoy your tea.

Love,
Aunt BJ

Molly the Airedale said...

Those fingers look pretty yummy to us, Woodstock! If Bob T. Bear, Esq doesn't want one, can we have his share?!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitcn

Buttons the Bear said...

Woodstock,

Those tea cookies do look yummy. It's always such a shame when goodies are too sweet for our people. Our John, we have one too, he might be a distant cousin to yours. He says the cookies being too sweet for your mum and her sharing is something to give thanks for.

Hope your rain ends soon and you don't get flooded.Stay dry and safe. We might get some rain later today.

Thanks for stopping by, come again and see what Tigg and Cocoa were up to.

Hugs to you,
Buttons

Orso Bear, Esq said...

Did you have any ice cream? I can't get enough of the stuff.
Splendid to meet another fine blogging bear.
Sincerely,
Mr Orso Bear, Esq