Saturday 25 July 2009

Saturday Photo Hunters - Utensils!

I thought, I would join Mother and do tnchick's prompt meme again!
The other evening, it was all paws and wheels to the deck to make supper.
The 'Wheelies' and I being very utensil friendly.
Here's me, grinding the mixed Peppercorns with a Pestle & Mortar...
Miss Judy, niftly weighed the Mushrooms in 'Wheelie' sized Scales...
Bailey, is ready to beat the Eggs, they are just waiting to be seasoned with my Pepper...
And Skipper - well, he is all too handy with a kitchen knife - the less said the better...
What were we, all helping to make?
A Mushroom & Courgette [or Zucchini to my North American friends] Flan.
Or Quiche, if we want to be cosmopolitan!
Mother made the shortcrust wholewheat pastry.
There's no photographs of the finished meal, as she, was more interested in eating it @ that stage!!!
Did we, her valved helpers get a taste?
NO!
Hugs from a hungry,
x

4 comments:

Roan said...

Hi Woodstock,
It was very nice of ya'll to help your mother prepare such a nice meal. Sounds yummy. We have lots of zucchini in our garden. I didn't think of making it into quiche. Sounds good though. Oh, I'm sorry you didn't get a bite. Perhaps a bit of leftovers today?
Love,
Aunt BJ

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Not even a crumb for all your hard work? Oh dear.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I just found you Sir Woodstock via the Dutchess! You are a marvelous bear! I have many animals that talk and cook and make tea....I live in a wonderful house filled with unusual creatures, and we like it that way! Please visit me, especially Nocturne, which is on my sidebar. How wonderful to make your acquaintance! Anita

Molly the Airedale said...

What good helpers you all are! It's simply not fair that you didn't even get one little morsel after all of that hard work!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch