Monday 24 August 2009

Playing a Fun Game!

Aunt BJ recently did this meme and forgot to tag me!
But, being a forgiving bear I will overlook this grave omission of hers!!!
The rules were simple enough, erase her answers and fill in my own.
So, here is goes!

1. Who is the hottest Movie Star?
I think Bob T Bear Esq, I admire his productions no end...
While Mother - she insists on playing along too, goes for boring actors Robert Redford, or Colin Firth!

2. Apart from your house & car, what is the most important item you have ever acquired?
My rescue, by looking totally bearsome @ Mother, when she spotted me on that Antiques Stall last year.
Mother says Airline Tickets and lots of them!

3. What is your most treasured memory?
Being bought by Mother.
I was growing weary of being wrapped in grubby newspaper & deposited in a packing box by the Antiques dealer, only to be put on display again the next day in the cold.
Mother goes for meeting Little Buddy in Hawaii - this is in 1994...

4. What was the best gift you ever received as a child?
Baby Bear memories I do lack, so have to pass here.
While Mother was initially torn between her rocking horse & her garden swing, as both allowed her to escape into her own private world while riding / flying through the air for hours and hours on end!
But, she thinks the swing wins, as it was her greatest source of pleasure, almost a companion as an only child, strange as that sounds, for longer years!
She says, she sat on it, no matter what the season, Winter or Summer.
She swung HARD & HIGH, almost rocking it out of the ground, imagining being as free as a bird, dreaming of going to far flung places & telling her-self wild fantasy tales.
Even in her teens she admits to sitting swinging away whilst reading, and when her childhood home was sold, her only regret was leaving the by then rusty swing behind.

5. What is the biggest mistake you have ever made?
Letting myself get kidnapped from my birth palace.
I could be living in with the Duke of Marlborough!
Mother went misty eyed here & said despite all the wonderful meetings, failing in love with a married man in the 1980's & keeping the affair current!

6. Four words to describe yourself?
Me - Reserved, Faithful, Caring & Superior.
Mother - Shy, Loyal, Differcult & Moody!

7. What was your highlight or low light of 2008?
Back to Mother's rescuing me - it was a highlight!
She says finding me - a very good answer in my bear eyes!

8. Favourite Film?
Mine has to be this...
This fascinating documentary film, an all too short 55 minutes, sees Hollywood star, Ewan McGregor, in the 'Polar Bear Capital of the World', Churchill, Manitoba, Canada.
A place on our mutual 'must visit' list.
But, Mother still opts for 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid'
We both watched, it recently.
See her post here on her Films, Memories & Movies blog!

9. Tell me one thing I don’t know about you.
I sneak up @ night to eat any cakes & biscuits left about.
While Mother, says she wanted to be a Air Hostess, but did not have the figure or languages - hence maybe failing for a Pilot instead!

10. If you were a comic book/strip or cartoon character, who would you be?
Why, Rupert Bear- he has smart atire!
Mother - Fred Basset, for no reason, she just likes him...
Now who to tag?
Bob T Bear, Esq, as I'm sure he will have a lot to say!
Buttons, he & his Hug always have fascinating tales.
Aunt Peach>(^;^)< & Karla because we love them.
And,
Maggie & Mitch, as they are always up to play.
Hugs to all,

Postscript:
As the Rocky Creek Scotties were the first to comment we tag them too - the more the merry is what I say!

7 comments:

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We are glad to see you and your Mom are up to playing games today. Love the picture of your Mom and LB.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Hehehehe! It mayde be larf to see that foto thare ov me! HAAAAAAHAHAHA! Wy, thank yu awfully!
Tee hee!

I shall hav a go in wile, if I can remember sum ov the arnsers....


:@}

Molly the Airedale said...

This sounds like oodles of fun, Woodstock, but we're in the middle of packing for Nantucket! We hope you don't mind if we play when we return! Thank you for tagging us! We really do appreciate it!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Buttons the Bear said...

Woodstock,
I so enjoyed seeing Bob's spikey look again. Makes him look hip!

When your secrebeary is tired from the weekend playing games can take all day. I think I still have to go comment on my taggees blogs right? Is it legal to email some?
Buttons

Roan said...

Hanging my head here. I'm so sorry I failed to tag you. Next time for sure! Really liked yours and your mothers answers.

Sir Woodstock said...

Buttons young man!

So sorry I did not explain the tags rules - I blame Mother!

You can take as long as you like to do the tag and only play along if you want to.
When you have posted & chosen your tagees, you should leave them a individual Comment to say you have tagged them, but an email would do equally well.

Woodstock

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Mommy wanted to be a stewardess also!!! But she can not swim and that was required:(
So we will give this one a try maybe for this Friday...we will let you know.
Much love and soft hugs...karla & miss peach