Thursday 24 September 2009

True Colours Thursday - BLUE & YELLOW!

My first thought for this weeks colour combination was this pair of Art Gallery portraits of yours truly...But, then Master Bruge' had a word, saying he wanted his moment of fame.
I pointed out he had, had cameo roles on other posts and he is just BLUE...He responded by pointing out the BLUE circle with its 12 YELLOW stars, that he proudly displays on his chest...
I could not bring myself to say, that some might think them gold!
So, I graciously lost the argument.
The emblem is that of the European Community, who headquarters are in the Belguim city of Brussels.
Now, if you have ever worked out Mother's most frequently used method for the naming of bears, you may wonder why is he not called Bruge' instead of Brussels?
Well, Mother had a 'senior moment' and got her cities mixed up.
I must not laugh!
I must not laugh!
I must not laugh!
Still, the name Brussels might have reminded people of Brussel Sprouts and not everyone likes them, and I understand that Bruge' is a very pleasant medieval city.

Of Bruge' Bear, he tells that his first home was in a Hug consisting entirely of Beany and Buddy Bears, until all their lives were shattered by being cast into bags and donated to the Helen & Douglas Hospice charity.
With several outlets, his Hug was broken up and he with ended up @ their shop in the Covered Market, where he was fortunately spotted by Mother due to his bright blueness.
Bruge' now helpfully fathers our Hugs small Beanies and he has a soft spot for ticklish YELLOW Pudsey...Hugs,

6 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Bruge and Pudsey are too cute, Woodstock!
We just love the yellow and blue art gallery portraits!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Thanks for sharing with us today.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS said...

Wonderful post! Luv it!

Luv,
Riley and Star.

Buttons the Bear said...

Woodstock,
I don't know that I'd have associated Brussels with the dreaded brussel sprouts, as he is not green, round and tight leaved, and bitter. But Bruge is a great name. Love the photos this post, great job!

Mom tell me that blue & gold(yellow) were the colors of both her grammar school and high school. She is rather partial to seeing them paired together.

Buttons 8;-D

Roan said...

I like the name Bruge, although I wouldn't have thought a thing about the name Brussels. I actually enjoy brussel sprouts if they are prepared properly. Do love the pic with Pudsey.

Asta said...

Bwuge and Pudsey make an endeawing paiw..and wepwesent youw twoo colows so pawfectly.Bwuge seems a vewy cawing good heawted sowt.Mommi and daddi spent one day in Bwuge many many yeaws ago and thought it was lovely..pawticoolawly the fwagwance of fweshly woasted coffeee beans and chocolate and of couwse the awchitectoowe, but I digwess,
Deaw siw woodstock
Thank you fow youw kind Biwfday wishes and give youw Mothew a gig hug and thanks fwom me
smoochie kisses
ASTA