Almost speechless but not quite!
Only been blogging a few days and already have an Award!
Must indicate, instant recognition of my superior qualities etc.
Aunt BJ, who writes exceedingly well; is quite a script HERE - has passed this one, onto both Mother & I..This *** Award is apparently, bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog's content is, in the giver's opinion Brilliant.
Well, I knew I was Good.
But, 'Thank-you' Aunt BJ, for recognising this, so early on!
It is much appreciated.
"When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real.
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends.
Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.”
Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
List at least ten honest things about yourself.
Then, pass it on! "
So, who, to Award - am a bit flumaged here.
Just gifting it to those, who show qualities I admire!
1. Edward - no explanation needed really, a Bear of my own class!
2. Bob. T Bear, esq - lively entertaining young chap!
3. Dina, charming lady - left me a comment on my Monochrome post!
4. Maggie & Mitch, superior Aires.
5. Molly & Taffy, as family, per Mother!
Would tag Bear Naked, a human with Bear class, but @ the moment she has to to watch over Monsieur Bear.
6. Eduardo, anyone who snuggles that much, must have a good heart!
7. Asta, this sassy WFT lady, reminds me of Miss Judy!
And, now, let me see, what I should reveal about myself.
Am quite a private bear really.
However, here goes TEN [honest] random things about me:
1. I wear a collar, sadly with a bell!
But, the collar does help support my poor neck & the bell alerts Mother when I take a tumble.
2. My leather paw pads have water stains!
I suspect I may have gone for a paddle @ some time in the fountains of my birth place.
3. I prefer sleeping on my own - more den space to stretch out in.
4. Do not acknowledge any shortening of my name - consider it very bad form.
5. I prefer reading 'Winnie the Pooh' by A. A. Milne, to Michael Bond's 'Paddington Bear'.
6. But, definitely not that keen on Honey, far too sticky & sweet.
Much prefer Marmalade, though in truth, am more a savoury Marmite type of individual .
7. My favourite ever television serial is 'Brideshead Revisited', shown originally in 1981.
It is based on Evelyn Waugh's 1945 novel of the same name.
This choice is naturally because of Aloysius Bear!
He accompanied his owner Sebastian Flyte, a young man of good upbringing but a dreamer to study @ Dreamingpsires.
After leaving university they travel together in an open-top Morris on journey to Italy and other countries in Europe.
Aloysius is spoiled and neglected but mostly cuddled.
Have not seen the more recent cinematic version; must have Mother find a copy.
8. I HATE the cold & ice, even with my cosy mohair coat.
9. Am not ticklish, but have a sensitive spot in my lower spine.
10. My last wish is to be loved to death!
Done my best here!
Hugs to all,